2008 Ohio Visit – Day 5

My day started early again. Alex crawled into bed with me at 5am. Unfortunately I had to go to the bathroom once he woke me up, so I crawled out of bed, with Alex who wouldn’t stay behind, and headed for the door. Coincidentally, Leigh and Mom both had the same idea, so we all met in the hallway. If Alex hadn’t woke me up, I would have been blissfully unaware.

It’s been an uneventful day. We took Alex to do some quick shopping this morning. He was very good. When he started to whine a little, we asked him if he wanted to go to the park. He said yes and didn’t whine again. We stayed at the park about 45 minutes, but it was very warm so we cut it a little shorter than yesterday.

We came home, had lunch and put Alex down for a nap. I had decided to take a nap as well. We both laid down. Then Alex wanted in bed with me. In he came. Then he started to squirm. Then he crawled on my head. Then he crawled on my feet. Then he laid his head on my neck, put his feet on the wall, and pushed. That’s when I got out of bed, put him back into his bed, and left. A few minutes later, Mom and I were working on the computer in her room. We heard little feet. Then we heard the lock turn on Alex’s room. Then we heard him try to open the door. Then he knocked on the door. Then he tried again to open the door. Then it was quiet. 30 minutes later I finally tried to go in, and again found the door locked, which I was expecting. I unlocked it and went in for my nap and we didn’t surface for 2 hours.

We took Alex and the dog for a walk in the park tonight. Dad had one leash and Alex had the other. We had another nice walk, but towards the end, Alex started experimenting with letting go of the leash, which goes heading off towards the dog. The second time he let go we took it away, which caused him to plunk his little butt down on the ground and refuse to walk. Mom carried him for a little bit and then Dad took him the rest of the way. We had already headed back to the car at this point, so we had picked a good distance to walk.

Later that night, I was helping Leigh on her computer when Alex came wandering down the hall. I looked at him carrying Teddy, Bunny, & his blankie and asked him if he was ready for bed. He said yes, turned around and headed into our room. By the time I got there, he was sitting in bed, smiling at me. He laid down, I covered him up, said goodnight and left. He never even tried to get out of the room.

Comments are closed.